Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Welcome Guest,

If you are not a member of this site then please register and join in the discussion & show what a true MJ fan you are.

Thanks,

MJ Fan Site Admin.
Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Your daily shot of MJ News & Discussions.

Post-A-Thon competition details to be found in news section, join in to have a chance at winning a prize!

Fulham FC to unveil Michael Jackson statue outside Craven Cottage

TheWayHeMadeMeFeel_LCJ

My Mood : Calm

Fulham FC to unveil Michael Jackson statue outside Craven Cottage

Post by TheWayHeMadeMeFeel_LCJ on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Fulham FC chiefs are set to unveil a statue of Michael Jackson outside their ground, Craven Cottage, on Sunday (April 3).

Club reps have said that they are honouring the singer, who died in June 2009, as he was a personal friend of Mohammed Al Fayed, the club's chairman.

According to the club's official website, Fulhamfc.com Al Fayed originally intended to place the statue outside the Harrods store, which he used to own.

However, after he sold the Knightsbridge store in May last year, he decided to place it outside Craven Cottage.

"Michael Jackson was truly a legend," he said. "He was my friend, a man with whom I shared many happy memories and who died a tragic and untimely death."

He added: "He left behind a legacy of music so vast it takes one’s breath away: from a precocious talent to an ingenuity and ground breaking modernity that shall never be repeated. I hope that many fans of his will visit the statue from far and wide."

Michael Jackson visited Craven Cottage in 1999, when he saw the home team beat Wigan Athletic 2-0.

Watch footage of the visit below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK7POGGUULM
    Smooth Criminal
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Relaxed

Re: Fulham FC to unveil Michael Jackson statue outside Craven Cottage

Post by Smooth Criminal on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Will certainly get alot more vistors up there... sounds great!

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
    - Michael Jackson

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:20 am