Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Welcome Guest,

If you are not a member of this site then please register and join in the discussion & show what a true MJ fan you are.

Thanks,

MJ Fan Site Admin.
Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Your daily shot of MJ News & Discussions.

Post-A-Thon competition details to be found in news section, join in to have a chance at winning a prize!

Ricky Martin announces being gay.

Steph

My Mood : Happy

Ricky Martin announces being gay.

Post by Steph on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:45 am

The man who taught us how to live "La Vida Loca" has announced he is gay.

Latin pop singer Ricky Martin came out on his Twitter page, confirming what many had believed for years.

The Puerto Rican star wrote: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin, 38, said his coming out marked "an amazing turning point in my life".

The decision was made a few months ago when he began writing his memoirs, he said.

"From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time," Martin wrote on his website.

He said the secret had become "too heavy for me to keep inside" and his sexuality was "something worth celebrating."

Martin, who has twin sons by a surrogate mother, said he did not come out earlier because his advisers said the move would ruin his career.

In 2000, American TV journalist Barbara Walters questioned him about whether he was gay, but he refused to say.

Gay rights groups said Martin would be an inspiration to millions of young people coming to terms with their sexuality.

Jarrett Barrios, the president of the US-based Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, welcomed what he called Martin's "openness and honesty".

Martin became a household name with songs such as the 1999 hit Livin' La Vida Loca and She Bangs.
    Steph

My Mood : Happy

Re: Ricky Martin announces being gay.

Post by Steph on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 am

All I'm going to say is good for him.

People shouldn't have to hide their sexuality for any reason...i hope people don't now judge him for it, even tho' i'm guessing some will....which is very narrow-minded!
    Billie Jean Beauty Queen
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : On edge

Post by Billie Jean Beauty Queen on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 pm

I agree. Good for him! Why should he hide it, he can't change nature anyway!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 12:44 am