Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Welcome Guest,

If you are not a member of this site then please register and join in the discussion & show what a true MJ fan you are.

Thanks,

MJ Fan Site Admin.
Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Your daily shot of MJ News & Discussions.

Post-A-Thon competition details to be found in news section, join in to have a chance at winning a prize!

Michael Jackson 3D film to be shown at Grammys

Smooth Criminal
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Relaxed

Michael Jackson 3D film to be shown at Grammys

Post by Smooth Criminal on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:36 am

A 3D film due to be used in Michael Jackson's planned comeback gigs in London is to be screened as a tribute to the singer at this year's Grammys.

The footage was to be shown during Jackson's performance of Earth Song at the O2 shows, which were due to begin in July. The singer died on 25 June.

Singers including Usher, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson will perform alongside the clip on 31 January.

It shows a young girl wandering in a forest, which is then destroyed.

The film is intended as a warning about the dangers of global warming.

Exclusive

A portion of the footage was first shown in This Is It, the documentary following Jackson's preparations and rehearsals for the London gigs.

"There are these incredible images of the beauties of nature," said Grammy's co-executive producer Ken Ehrlich.

"They are seen through the eyes of a little girl and that girl falls asleep and, when she wakes up, she is witness to the destruction of nature."

Ehrlich said he was with Jackson on the night before his death when the singer viewed the 3D footage for the first time.

He said Jackson had been moved to tears.

Jackson will be honoured with a lifetime achievement award during the show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, which will air live on US network CBS.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
    - Michael Jackson
    Billie Jean Beauty Queen
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : On edge

Re: Michael Jackson 3D film to be shown at Grammys

Post by Billie Jean Beauty Queen on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 am

That's so cool I saw it in This Is It in 3D - the Earth Song short-film! It was great especially the light at the beginning, the nature is stunning! Michael sure desrves that award more than any other person on Earth! I'm still angry about Taylor Swift getting that Artist of The Year award cuz it was for Michael but that's another topic =]

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 pm