MJ Fan Base & Entertainment Palace!
Welcome Guest,

Please register if not already and join this forum for MJ fans and all things entertainment.
Welcome Guest,

Please register if not already and join this forum for MJ fans and all things entertainment.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MJ Fan Forum & General Entertainment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Happy 2021 Everyone, login and have fun and lets stay active!!!
Lets Reach 1000 Members & a Competition Will Follow!
Staff Wanted - Apply Within!

Helicopter rescues kidney op boy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

My Mood : Happy

Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Empty
PostSubject: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 pm

An eight-year-old boy was airlifted to a hospital for an urgent kidney transplant after his family got stuck in the snow while on their way there.

They set off from Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, after being told the organ was available, but got stranded on the A614 in Nottinghamshire.

The county's force control room received a call from the boy's father at about 0850 GMT on Wednesday.

After being alerted to the boy's plight the helicopter was sent out to help.

Police said the helicopter unit, which is based in Ripley, Derbyshire, were routinely screening incoming calls from members of the public when they got the call from the child's father.

The team picked up the boy and a family friend while the father continued on his journey to Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre by car.

They were flown to nearby playing fields where the boy was then taken to hospital in a waiting ambulance.

Pc Steve James said: "When we saw the call, we knew instantly that we could help in this situation and offered our assistance straight away.

"The kidney was waiting there at the hospital for him and if we did not get him there pretty quickly, the kidney would have been useless.

"The boy was fine throughout the short flight. We gave him an intercom head set so that he could hear everything that was going on - we had to make sure the little lad was happy and comfortable."

"We were very happy to help - it's one of those days where you feel really glad to have made it though the snow and into work."

the is local for me....and the goverment don't pay anything for these helicopters, all from public funding raising its shocking!!!! so glad they got to the little boy
Back to top Go down
Smooth Criminal
Twisted Soul
Twisted Soul
Smooth Criminal

PostSubject: Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:44 am

That's a nice story to hear after all the deaths lately in this weather.

And it's shocking like you said Steph that if it wasnt for local funding that boy may of died...
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljacksonworld.forumotion.net
TheILJ
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
TheILJ

My Mood : On edge

PostSubject: Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 pm

i agree with smooth criminal , its nice to read this after all bad news and deathes we heard
Back to top Go down
ColdWater
Golden Member
Golden Member
ColdWater

My Mood : Calm

PostSubject: Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm

isnt that nice
Back to top Go down
http://videogold.fliggo.com/
Mjk
Trusted Member
Trusted Member
Mjk

PostSubject: Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:59 am

good news Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy   Helicopter rescues kidney op boy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helicopter rescues kidney op boy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MJ Fan Base & Entertainment Palace! :: General Members Lounge. :: Worldwide News.-
Jump to: