Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Welcome Guest,

If you are not a member of this site then please register and join in the discussion & show what a true MJ fan you are.

Thanks,

MJ Fan Site Admin.
Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Your daily shot of MJ News & Discussions.

Post-A-Thon competition details to be found in news section, join in to have a chance at winning a prize!

Helicopter rescues kidney op boy

Steph

My Mood : Happy

Helicopter rescues kidney op boy

Post by Steph on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

An eight-year-old boy was airlifted to a hospital for an urgent kidney transplant after his family got stuck in the snow while on their way there.

They set off from Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, after being told the organ was available, but got stranded on the A614 in Nottinghamshire.

The county's force control room received a call from the boy's father at about 0850 GMT on Wednesday.

After being alerted to the boy's plight the helicopter was sent out to help.

Police said the helicopter unit, which is based in Ripley, Derbyshire, were routinely screening incoming calls from members of the public when they got the call from the child's father.

The team picked up the boy and a family friend while the father continued on his journey to Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre by car.

They were flown to nearby playing fields where the boy was then taken to hospital in a waiting ambulance.

Pc Steve James said: "When we saw the call, we knew instantly that we could help in this situation and offered our assistance straight away.

"The kidney was waiting there at the hospital for him and if we did not get him there pretty quickly, the kidney would have been useless.

"The boy was fine throughout the short flight. We gave him an intercom head set so that he could hear everything that was going on - we had to make sure the little lad was happy and comfortable."

"We were very happy to help - it's one of those days where you feel really glad to have made it though the snow and into work."

the is local for me....and the goverment don't pay anything for these helicopters, all from public funding raising its shocking!!!! so glad they got to the little boy
    Smooth Criminal
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Relaxed

Re: Helicopter rescues kidney op boy

Post by Smooth Criminal on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:44 am

That's a nice story to hear after all the deaths lately in this weather.

And it's shocking like you said Steph that if it wasnt for local funding that boy may of died...

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
    - Michael Jackson
    TheILJ

My Mood : On edge

Post by TheILJ on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 am

i agree with smooth criminal , its nice to read this after all bad news and deathes we heard
    ColdWater

My Mood : Calm

Post by ColdWater on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

isnt that nice
    Mjk

My Mood : Happy

Post by Mjk on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 am

good news Smile!

Sponsored content