Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Welcome Guest,

If you are not a member of this site then please register and join in the discussion & show what a true MJ fan you are.

Thanks,

MJ Fan Site Admin.
Michael Jackson Ultimate Fan Base

Your daily shot of MJ News & Discussions.

Post-A-Thon competition details to be found in news section, join in to have a chance at winning a prize!

UK braced for sub-zero temp.

Steph

My Mood : Happy

UK braced for sub-zero temp.

Post by Steph on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:41 am

A white Christmas is possible, but unlikely, said forecasters as the country braced itself for below freezing temperatures and snow this week.

Temperatures could fall as low as minus two Celsius (28F) in parts of England and Wales, according to MeteoGroup UK, the weather division of the Press Association.

Parts of central and southern England could experience their coldest temperatures of the winter with a low possibly of minus five Celsius (23F) in some areas, according to Paul Knightley, forecaster at MeteoGroup UK.

He said a bitterly cold wind will move over the country on Thursday bringing snow showers to eastern parts of England and Scotland.

"There could be a situation where parts of east coast could get quite a few centimetres of snow," he added.

He added that there was a chance that snow could fall across central and southern England and Wales through Sunday to the start of the Christmas week.

It was "not out of the question" that parts of the UK could see a white Christmas with either snow on the ground, or snow falling on Christmas Day.

But he warned that this possibility was "probably less likely than likely".

"I think at the start of next week there is a reasonable chance of some significant snow in parts of the country," he said.

"People who are travelling over Christmas should keep an eye on the weather."
    Steph

My Mood : Happy

Re: UK braced for sub-zero temp.

Post by Steph on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:48 pm

well we got the snow today...like a blizzard here this afternoon with the strong winds we have round here, i'm already fed up on this weather!
    Smooth Criminal
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Relaxed

Post by Smooth Criminal on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 am

Got here as well... and it was the same in York it was minus 2 in York over the weekend.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
    - Michael Jackson

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm