MJ Fan Base & Entertainment Palace!
Welcome Guest,

Please register if not already and join this forum for MJ fans and all things entertainment.
Welcome Guest,

Please register if not already and join this forum for MJ fans and all things entertainment.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MJ Fan Forum & General Entertainment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Happy 2021 Everyone, login and have fun and lets stay active!!!
Lets Reach 1000 Members & a Competition Will Follow!
Staff Wanted - Apply Within!

Man impaled on steel pole

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

My Mood : Happy

Man impaled on steel pole Empty
PostSubject: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Lorry driver Jason Ripley was almost killed when he was impaled on a pole which came within inches of piercing his heart.

The pole smashed through the windscreen of his truck and continued through his chest.

The father-of-two remained conscious long enough to telephone his disbelieving boss to say: "I've had a bit of an accident."

Mr Ripley, 39, said he owed his life to paramedics who airlifted him to hospital.

The delivery man was taking timber to engineering firm Henry Williams, in his home town, Darlington, when he collided with a steel horizontal barrier in August last year.

He told The Sunday Sun in Newcastle: "I just didn't see it at all. It went straight through my chest and out the back. There was seven or eight feet of pole sticking out.

"I just thought it was pinning me. I thought it was digging into my flesh but that was it. When I looked down I realised it had gone straight through I was very shocked. It was only two or three inches away from my heart. I was just staring up at the sky, thinking that's it, I'm going to die, I'm not going to see anyone again."

As Jason resigned himself to dying, his thoughts turned to his partner Helen Todd, 38, and sons Joshua, 19, and Jay, 11.

Fire crews cut a section of the pole away, before a helicopter from the Great North Air Ambulance arrived to take him to the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.

Within minutes, he was put into the hands of doctors who put him into an induced 24-hour coma. Surgeons cut into his ribs and slid the barrier out from the side, under his arm. He had to have one rib removed and another two bound together. Within months of the accident, he had returned to work.
Back to top Go down
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 pm

now that is one lucky bloke!!!!
Back to top Go down
ColdWater
Golden Member
Golden Member
ColdWater

My Mood : Calm

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Well look up luckiest people on earth in youtube. You will much more lucky poeple
Back to top Go down
http://videogold.fliggo.com/
TheILJ
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
TheILJ

My Mood : On edge

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 am

but still he is so lucky
Back to top Go down
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:49 am

I wasn't aiming for a contest on who's the luckiest person etc.... I was making my point that i think this guy is very luck to still be alive, esp when the pole missed his heart by a few iches.
Back to top Go down
Smooth Criminal
Twisted Soul
Twisted Soul
Smooth Criminal

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Really disgusting thaty - made me sick reading it lol

Lucky man.... least he's still alive...
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljacksonworld.forumotion.net
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 pm

be glad you didn't see the photo...
Back to top Go down
Smooth Criminal
Twisted Soul
Twisted Soul
Smooth Criminal

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:27 pm

There was a photo as well? i don't think i wanna see it.
Back to top Go down
https://michaeljacksonworld.forumotion.net
Steph
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Steph

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 pm

yeah there was a photo from the accident site of him with the pole impaled in his chest
Back to top Go down
ColdWater
Golden Member
Golden Member
ColdWater

My Mood : Calm

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:56 pm

I told this story to my class.
Weird reactions
Back to top Go down
http://videogold.fliggo.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man impaled on steel pole   Man impaled on steel pole Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man impaled on steel pole
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MJ Fan Base & Entertainment Palace! :: General Members Lounge. :: Worldwide News.-
Jump to: